Sunderland Association Football Club Supporters Association Coxhoe Branch (“the Branch”) take your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy sets out how the Branch uses and looks after the personal information collected from you. We collect information whenever you interact with us and this interaction includes but is not limited to when you become a member, attend a football game or such other event that the branch organises, when you buy a matchday ticket, when you buy a seat on the coach, or just get in touch with us.
What personal data we hold on you
- Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified.
- We collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of our members and their parents or guardians.
- We are the data controller, responsible for the processing of any personal data you give us.
- We take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it.
- You provide information about yourself when you register with the Branch, and by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information we collect includes:
- Your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, and the contact details of a third party in the case of emergency
- Track information about attendance at home and away games
- Black Cat points from either Sunderland Association Football Club ticket office or via Friends and Family portal on safc.com
We may also ask for relevant health information, which is classed as special category personal data, for the purposes of your health, wellbeing, welfare and safeguarding.
Where we need to collect personal data to fulfil Branch responsibilities and you do not provide that data, we may not be able honour or administer your membership.
Why we need your personal data
We will only use personal data for any purpose for which it has been specifically provided.
The reason we need members’ personal data is to be able to run the Branch and arrange coaches and match tickets; to administer memberships and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the Branch.
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Process away tickets and some home tickets
- Keeping records of members Black Cat Points
- Booking seats on Branch coaches or other means of transport to and from matches
- Responding to comments or complaints
- Receipts for purchases made
- Checking/verifying bank or debit card details in order to process transactions.
- Analysing your engagement with us to help tailor information we send to you
- Sharing data with committee members to provide information about Branch activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events sharing data with third party service or facility providers safeguarding issues and concerns
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
Performance of a contract
Where we have a contract with you we will rely on the contractual provisions in order to process your personal data.
This may include:
- Processing membership forms and payments/ subs
- Organising match tickets
- Sending out match or Branch information and updates
- Sharing data with The Branch Liaison Council we are in membership of.
Where ever we rely on consent to process your personal data you can withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us at the email address below.
You will have opted-in to receive information about the Branch in the form of a newsletter or email or text and such will contain offers, promotions or information specifically relating to the Branch and our partners. We will only ever send you information you have requested to receive by email, SMS or phone and you can update and/or amend your preferences at any time.
Who we share your personal data with
The Branch is a member of the Sunderland Association Football Club Supporters Association (SAFCSA) and the Sunderland AFC Branch Liaison Council (BLC). The Branch is subject to the SAFCSA and BLC rules and regulations. We may disclose your personal information to these organisations as well as Sunderland Association Football Club (SAFC) where required for the purposes of complying with the rules and regulations.
These organisations will respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law.
We may share your personal data with selected third parties, suppliers and sub-contractors. Third-party service providers will only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our participants, members or affiliates, or others. The Branch data processing may require your personal data to be transferred outside of the UK. Where the Branch does transfer your personal data overseas it is with the sufficient appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security of that personal data.
Protection of your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
How long we hold your personal data
We keep personal data on our members while they continue to be a participant or members or are otherwise actively involved with the Branch and for a limited period of time afterwards (in case, for example, you decide to reactive your membership). We will delete this data after a participant or member has left or otherwise ended their membership or affiliation, or sooner if specifically requested and we are able to do so. We may need to retain some personal data for longer for legal or regulatory purposes.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and will inform you to any changes in how we handle your personal data. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice then please contact SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch.